Friday, April 29, 2011

Another Millie... and another Millie... and Broadway Edge.

So what now? It was going to be incredibly difficult to keep performing. Especially since I was now based in Vancouver again. Shows in Vancouver might work...

I had done some theatre in Vancouver before I left, so I had a lot of friends and acquaintances from my time then. I started to do local theatre.


I did Millie again at Theatre Under the Stars in Vancouver.



And I did it again in the role of Miss Dorothy at the Gateway Theatre.



I'd now played Meg in 3 different companies of Phantom, Eponine in 3 different companies of Les Miz, Millie in 2 different companies and Miss Dorothy in 2 other companies of Thoroughly Modern Millie. These shows were getting pretty familiar!

I was asked to do some teaching, and I did. It was amazingly what I needed for my creative side. I enjoyed it. I was inspired. My family and friends encouraged me to open my own studio for Musical Theatre. Before I knew it, through a very zig-zagged course, I had my own school: Broadway Edge Studio. My brother designed the logo. And it has been a learning process in so many ways, besides a teaching one, and continues to be one.

And I also called up my old agent from Vancouver and started doing voiceovers again. I did some commercials and a whole lot of auditions...

No comments:

Post a Comment